Needed for many recipes. Prep time 3 hours, but can be frozen, and does NOT require a pressure cooker.
1. Place chickens in large pan and cover cold water - the large stock pot.
2. Bring to boil on large induction - P - 25 minutes. Remove chickens and rinse under cold water, then transfer to clean pan and add just enough water to cover them.
3. Bring to a simmer (25 minutes L12, large induction) and skim.
4. Add vegetables to stand and stir in peppercorns.
5. Simmer for 2 hours - small induction ring L7 about 95?C with the lid on.
6. Remove pan from heat, add thyme, parsley, bay leaf, cloves, and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
7. Pass the bouillon through a fine sieve lined with several layers of damp muslin, refrigerate or freeze till needed,
Made this on 18MAY2011. Peasy. Made about 5 litres, seems to be a bit on the thin side. Might be better to concentrate the flavout by using less water next time, and to do that, will need to break the chickens down after the first boiling so as to be able to fully cover them with less water.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Litre (1266g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Litres|
|Calories from Fat: 1262 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 140.3g||187 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.1g||201 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 56.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 30.3g|
|Cholesterol 672.8mg||207 %|
|Sodium 829.8mg||29 %|
|Potassium 3118.5mg||82 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.3g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23.4g||94 %|
|Sugars, other 32.9g|
|Protein 175.6g||251 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2183
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.