1. In 3.5-, 4- or 5-quart crock pot, combine cut-up chicken, celery, carrots, onion, parsley, bay leaf, salt, thyme or marjoram, and pepper. Add water.
2. Cover; cook on low for 7-10 hours or on high for 3.5-5 hours or until chicken is very tender and well done.
3. Remove chicken from cooker. Strain broth through a large sieve or colander lined with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Discard solids in cheesecloth.
4. If using broth right away, skim off fat. Or if storing for later, chill broth in a bowl for 6 hours. Lift off fat. Pour broth into an airtight container, discarding the residue at the bottom of the bowl. Seal. Chill in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
7. When chicken are cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Place meat in airtight container, seal. Chill in fridge up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. Makes about 5 cups broth and about 4 cups cooked meat.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (293g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 68.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 276.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 5.6g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!