Preheat oven to 400?. Grease a 9" pie plate OR several small disposable pie tins.
1. Melt butter and saute onion and celery.
2 Add flour and mix well.
3. Slowly stir in chicken broth, cooking over Med-Heat and con't to stir until thick and bubbly.
4. Add salt, pepper, chicken & veggies.
5. Pour in to prepared pie plate. Cut biscuits 1/2" thick and place 6 on top of the chicken mixture. ** Biscuits can be dropped by spoonful over the chicken mixture also.
6. Bake UNCOVERED for 20 mins. or until biscuits are golden brown.
7. Cool slightly spoon into individual bowls.
* For creamier filling, substitute 2 cups of broth and 3/4 cup milk.
** Place extra biscuits on prepared baking pan and bake12-15 mins. or until golden brown. Serve with meal or freeze til later.
*** Substitute roast beef and beef broth instead of chicken for a beef pot pie.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1035g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 789 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 87.7g||117 %|
|Saturated Fat 53.6g||268 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 322.8mg||99 %|
|Sodium 1152.8mg||40 %|
|Potassium 3066.9mg||81 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 110.7g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 110.7g|
|Protein 68.8g||98 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1489
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.