1. Preheat the oven at 180º
2. Trim the chicory ends and cut it lengthways into quarters
3. Pour Oil over the bottom of a large shallow baking dish and arrange the chicory, cut-side up in a single layer
4. Pour over the wine/stock/water and cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes
5. Slice the chicken in strips and season
6. Melt the butter in a large frying pan until foaming , add the chicken until it turns brown
7. Add in the shallots and garlic and cook for 1 minute
8. Transfer to the baking dish on top of the chicory (replace the foil back on the dish and set aside)
9. In the same pan, make the sauce by melting the butter, stir in the flour, gradually pour in the milk, stirring all the time until it thickens
10. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche, sage and 2 tsps each of the mustards (taste and add in more mustard and seasoning if required)
11. Pour over the chicory and chicken and sprinkle cheese and bake uncovered for a further 20-25 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1025g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 594.4mg||183 %|
|Sodium 723.2mg||25 %|
|Potassium 2524.4mg||66 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 219.9g||314 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1230
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!