Tasty and healthy dish that is great as leftovers.
• Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and coat with flour. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one piece of chicken to skillet and sauté until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a large pot. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken, adding more oil if needed.
• Heat 2 tbsp oil to same skillet over medium-heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté until onions are slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to pot with chicken.
• Add chicken broth, Mexico City Sauce and oregano to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, about 2 hours.
• Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken. Discard the bones. Shred the meat and return to pot. Season to taste.
• Serve on a large bowl with the tostadas and rest of garnishing on the table. To assemble a tostada, simply spread one tbsp of refried beans over tostada. Spread a spoonful of chicken over the beans. Garnish with cream, queso fresco and lettuce. Provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1882g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1524 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 169.3g||226 %|
|Saturated Fat 81.1g||405 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 59.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.7g|
|Cholesterol 774.8mg||238 %|
|Sodium 1879.5mg||65 %|
|Potassium 5147.5mg||135 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 141.1g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 140g|
|Protein 188.3g||269 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2847
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.