This is a really nice, light stir fry that will fill you up without making you feel too lethargic. Good one for a healthy meal prep for the week. Substitute any veggies you have in the fridge or pantry, anything works - carrots, broccoli, capsicum, baby corn spears, bean sprouts, cabbage etc. Try and grab the dried thing wriggly noodles (similar to mi goreng) that can be cooked in boiling water, but don't worry too much about which ones.
1. Mix corn flour and soy sauce together, then mix in remaining sauce ingredients.
2. Blanch or steam any veggies that are much firmer than the rest - for this set of ingredients, it's a good idea to just blanch the broccolini.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of sauce to chicken, and set aside to marinate. Best practice would be to marinate for at least an hour in the fridge. Remove the chicken from the fridge and let it get closer to room temperature before cooking (approx 10 minutes).
4. Prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions.
5. Heat oil in a wok or heavy based skillet over high heat. Add the chicken in batches and cook until they form a nice brown crust. Remove onto plate. Reduce heat and add the shallots or spring onion and saute for a minute. Add the garlic and chilli flakes if want to give the dish a kick.
6. Add all the veggies except the bean sprouts and fry until tender. Return the chicken, and then add the noodles, sauce and water. Stir the ingredients through and continue to fry off for a few more minutes.
7. Add remaining bean sprouts and stir through. Remove from heat and serve immediately with crushed nuts on top - a nice extra garnish is to put some chopped coriander on there or the green ends of spring onion.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (272g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 228 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.3g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.9g|
|Cholesterol 83mg||26 %|
|Sodium 1220.5mg||42 %|
|Potassium 437.7mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 43.3g|
|Protein 26.9g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 517
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!