1. Remove skin and bones from chicken confit, discard. Chop into 1/2 inch chunks, set aside.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of truffle butter. Add shallot and garlic, sauté until shallots are soft and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and thyme, season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium high and continue to sauté until mushrooms have expelled their liquid and are golden brown, about 6 -7 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in spinach and chicken, set aside.
5. In a small saucepan, over medium high heat, melt remaining truffle butter. Whisk in the flour and cook until flour is golden brown, whisking occasionally, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Lower heat to medium low and cook, whisking until mixture is thickened and completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Season béchamel to taste with salt and pepper and touch of nutmeg. Set aside.
6. Prepare the pastry: on a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry. Cut into desired size. Visually divide into thirds. Cut strips at 45degree angle on each outer third.
7. Spread béchamel sauce over center, sprinkle with cheeses, then chicken/mushroom mixture, then more béchamel and cheese.
8. Fold over the top edge of the pastry, then stretch the top right strip across the filling and tuck under. Repeat with the top left,crossing the first. Continue with the remaining strips,alternating sides until you reach the bottom two. Fold the bottom up and secure by folding over the last two strips,tucking them under the pastry.
9. Chill in fridge at least 15 minutes before baking.
10. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
11. Bake until pastry is puffed and deeply golden and filling is bubbling, about 25 - 30 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (41g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.8g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 18.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 99.9mg||3 %|
|Potassium 75.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.1g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 5.8g|
|Protein 7.5g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 124
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!