1. Bring 1 1/3 cups of water to a boil. Add carrots, celery, salt, 1 teaspoon butter, and rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
2. Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain well; toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Mix chicken, ham, and green beans. Place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, to taste.
4. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. In a large bowl, mix the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, melted butter, and parsley. Spread mixture on top of the meat and green beans in the baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 350? for 45 minutes or until top is set.
I actually process the chicken and ham in a food processor, but you can also chop it by hand if you want larger chunks of meat in the casserole.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (391g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 389 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.2g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.9g||100 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.5g|
|Cholesterol 478.2mg||147 %|
|Sodium 1160.5mg||40 %|
|Potassium 619.5mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 23.2g|
|Protein 42.6g||61 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 664
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.