1. To make the curry paste blend all ingredients in a food processor until a smooth consistency is achieved. Set aside.
2. Heat the peanut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Prepare the chicken, cut slightly diagonally across fillet making thin strips. Cook chicken until browned and heated through, take out of the frying pan and place in a bowl and cover to retain the moisture. (Be careful not to over cook the chicken at this stage as chicken breast can become dry).
3. Heat more peanut oil in the pan. Fry the onion until translucent, add the spice paste and tomatoes, after a few minutes add the water. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes have broken down.
4. Next add the chicken and coconut milk, stirring over a high heat until it boils. Reduce heat to a medium, add potatoes and simmer for 30 minutes, checking the spice balance as you go.
5. If the mixture is too thick and dry add a little more water or coconut milk (although not too much as this will dilute the flavours a little).
6. Add a dash of lime or vinegar for acidity. Stir through. Add extra fresh coriander, salt/pepper, or sugar if needed.
7. Stir through coconut cream.
8. Serve with a fresh sprig of coriander and slithers of fresh red chilli.
Don't follow the recipe 100%, taste and add ingredients as you go through the cooking process until you have achieved a good balance of flavours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (551g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 279 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.2g||121 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 72.5mg||22 %|
|Sodium 181.7mg||6 %|
|Potassium 1392.4mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 113.2g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 107.8g|
|Protein 35.3g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 859
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.