One of the Test Kitchen's favorites, this quick sauté pairs wine and grapes in a luscious sauce for pan-seared chicken breasts. If you've never used grapes in a sauce before—try it—you won't be disappointed. This is simple enough for a weeknight, but elegant enough for entertaining. Make it a meal: Serve with brown basmati rice or mashed sweet potatoes and sauteed chard.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour (reserve excess flour).
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken until golden on the first side, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, turn the chicken and cook until the other side is golden, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook, stirring, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add grapes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 5 teaspoons of the reserved flour; stir to coat.
- Add wine and broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning to coat with sauce, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (366g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 80 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 136.9mg||42 %|
|Sodium 588.7mg||20 %|
|Potassium 809.5mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 13.1g|
|Protein 57.1g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 385
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!