1. Heat oven to 425°F. Measure out the enchilada sauce and add enough water to total 2 1/2 cups liquid. Whisk together sauce and cornstarch in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Reserve 1/2 cup corn for garnish; set aside. Stir remaining corn, rice, beans, and half of cheese into the sauce.
2. Press chicken into the sauce-rice mixture in a single layer. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
3. Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes on middle oven rack. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved corn. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving with toppings, as desired.
• Can use 1 lb. fresh chicken breast tenders (not breaded) instead of chicken strips; bake until chicken reaches 165°F.
• Can use 1 lb. fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks instead of chicken strips; bake until chicken reaches 165°F.
• VARIATION: For Chicken Enchilada Burritos, spoon into corn or flour tortillas using toppings as fillings, as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (598g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 163 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.1g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 74.2mg||23 %|
|Sodium 1594.6mg||55 %|
|Potassium 721.1mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 97.3g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52 %|
|Sugars, other 84.2g|
|Protein 34.6g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 670
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.