1. Get your onion and garlic peeled and chopped, your carrots peeled and grated and your celery chopped.
2. Heat a large pot up over medium high heat. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil into it.
3. When the oil is hot toss your chopped veggies into the pan. Cook them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5-8 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
4. Take the lovely rotisserie chicken out of the package and set it on a plate.
5. Pour the broth that is left in the bottom of the chicken package into a large measuring cup. You should have about 1 cup of broth from the pan.
6. Pull the skin off of the chicken, and take the meat off of the bones. Chop it up with a sharp knife.
7. When your veggies are done cooking pour the broth from the chicken and 7 cups of hot water into the pot. Add 8 chicken bullion cubes and give it a nice stir.
8. Add the chopped chicken and bring the soup to a boil.
9. Open up the package of Gnocchi and pour it into the pot. Let the soup come to a boil again and allow the gnocchi to cook for about 3-4 minutes. The gnocchi will be cooked through when they float to the top of the broth. It should happen pretty fast.
10. Chop yourself about 1 1/2 cups of spinach and toss it into the pot.
11. Pour in 4 cups of Half and Half, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir it around a bit and let it come to a boil.
12. In a small bowl combine 1/4 C cold water and 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix it well and pour it into the soup pot.
13. Bring the soup to a boil, while you stir. It will thicken as the soup reaches a boil.
14. Taste it and season it to your liking with salt and pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (465g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 265 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.4g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.5g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 141.8mg||44 %|
|Sodium 356mg||12 %|
|Potassium 467.5mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.1g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 25.5g|
|Protein 30.6g||44 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 497
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.