1. Put the bacon in a large, deep skillet with a lid that will hold all the chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the bacon gives up its fat and becomes brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the onions, and chicken, skin side down, and brown the chicken well, rotating and turning the pieces as necessary; the process will take 10 to 15 minutes. About halfway through this time, add the garlic and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Pour or spoon off any excess fat and add the stock, wine, and herbs. Adjust the heat so that the mixture bubbles gently but steadily. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through; the bird is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 155–165°F. (If you like, you can remove the breast pieces, which will finish cooking first, and keep them warm while the leg pieces finish.)
4. Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
5. Turn the heat to high. Boil until the mixture is reduced by about three-quarters and becomes fairly thick and saucy.
6. Lower the heat, stir in the butter, and return the chicken to the pan, just to reheat a bit and coat with the sauce. (You can make the dish ahead to this point and refrigerate for up to a day; reheat gently.)
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish with parsley, and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (550g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 216 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 106.7mg||33 %|
|Sodium 761.6mg||26 %|
|Potassium 401.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 17.5g|
|Protein 33.3g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 502
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!