1. Trim the chicken livers of any membrane and all discoloured bits.
2. To make the marinade: Combine all the ingredients and marinade the chicken livers for 2 hours. Drain and set aside, reserving the marinade.
3. To make the sauce: Heat together olive oil and butter. Saute the onions until soft. Add the chicken livers and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat and add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock and reserved marinade.
5.Simmer gently for ? minutes. Pour in the brandy and heat through.
6. Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and garnish with bay leaves before serving with crusty bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (199g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 299.5mg||92 %|
|Sodium 607.2mg||21 %|
|Potassium 452.1mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 8.2g|
|Protein 16.6g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 217
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.