1. Have ready the tin of coconut milk, making sure it hasn't been shaken or turned so that the cream has settled at the top.
2. Whiz the garlic, ginger and chilli to a coarse paste in a food processor. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat and fry the onion with the cinnamon stick, cardomon pods and cloves for about 10 minutes until golden, stirring frequently. Stir in the ginger mixture and fry for a minute longer.
3. In the meantime, blend the garam masala, turmeric and tamarind paste with a tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir this into the onion and cook briefly until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes longer until mushy, stirring frequently.
4. Stir the chicken into the curry base, give it a good stir and season with salt, then cover and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times, or until it is just cooked through and tender. Stir half of the thick layer of coconut cream from the top of the tin into the curry, leaving behind the coconut water. Gently heat through without boiling.
5. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and mango chutney.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (453g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 125 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.9g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 68.4mg||21 %|
|Sodium 398.5mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1067.4mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 123.5g||36 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.2g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 113.3g|
|Protein 40.6g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 778
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!