1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Split the chicken breasts in half (horizontally); pound to flatten into 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Season each side generously with salt and pepper.
4. In a shallow dish, add the 1/2 cup flour and dredge chicken pieces, shaking off excess flour; set aside.
5. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 2 teaspoons olive oil swirling pan to evenly coat the bottom.
6. Add chicken breasts and cook until lightly browned (3-4 minutes on each side); remove from skillet and into a baking dish. Place in preheated oven to keep warm.
7. Add remaining butter(1tbsp) and olive oil(2tsp) to skillet; add onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Add sliced mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook about 4-5 minutes until browned, stirring frequently.
9. Pour in Marsala wine and chicken broth and heavy cream(optional). Cook, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, until thickened (about 2 minutes). Sprinkle 1-2tsp remaining flour, stirring, to thicken to your taste.
10. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 4-5 minutes, flipping chicken occasionally and spooning sauce over chicken.
Serve hot, Enjoy!
*I used "Holland house Marsala cooking wine" and it turned out fantastic!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (828g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 576 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 64g||85 %|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.6g|
|Cholesterol 334.7mg||103 %|
|Sodium 721.1mg||25 %|
|Potassium 2163.2mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.6g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 70.6g|
|Protein 90.3g||129 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1247
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.