1. Note: if using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), make sure to drain sun dried tomatoes from oil, before using them. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of this drained oil for sautéing as described below:
2. Lay chicken tenders out flat and lightly salt and sprinkled with paprika (for color). Set aside.
3. In a large pan, on medium-high heat, sautee garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved, noted above) for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Remove sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bits from pan, leaving the oil. Add chicken to pan and cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
4. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some cooked pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water (to stop cooking).
5. Slice sun-dried tomatoes into smaller bits and add them back to the skillet with chicken. Add half and half and cheese to the skillet, too, and bring to a gentle boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick-don't worry-you'll be adding some cooked pasta water soon. Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. (If adding extra pasta, do not add all at one time to avoid making too dry) Add 1 tablespoon of basil, and at least 1/4 teaspoons of red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
6. Add about 1/2 cup reserved cooked pasta water because the creamy sauce will be too thick (do not add water at once-you might need less or more of it). Immediately, season the pasta with salt (only if needed) and more red pepper flakes, to taste, if needed. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes for flavors to combine.
NOTE: This recipe has extra 1/2 cup of half and half and mozzarella to make more sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (348g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 240 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.6g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.6g||78 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 194.9mg||60 %|
|Sodium 652.3mg||22 %|
|Potassium 591.3mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 38g|
|Protein 56.1g||80 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 625
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!