Fixing the Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place chicken on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Brush chicken with olive oil and sprinkle Generously with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
5. Let chicken cool and remove meat from bones and set aside.
6. Also keep chicken skin and bones for making the broth.
Fixing the Broth
1. In a large pot add reserved chicken skin and bones, 3 celery sticks largely chopped, 2 carrots largely chopped,
1/2 white onion largely chopped, 5 springs of parsley, 3 teaspoons of minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Cover with enough water just until everything is submerged. Do not fill the pot to the top with water.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove and discard the broth ingredients.
5. Strain the broth through a fine strainer.
6. Add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to season the broth. Taste after each addition. Set aside.
Fixing final Ingredients
1. Cost the bottom of the large pot with olive oil and saute' 3 carrots peeled and chopped, 3 celery stalks
chopped, 1/4 large while onion diced. Saute'e until the onions are semi-translucent.
2. Add in the 1 teaspoon garlic minced. Pour in the broth & bring to a boil.
3. Add egg noodles and parsley cook for 6-8 minutes or until al dente (do not overcook)
4. Remove from the heat and add in the chicken.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (503g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 408 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.3g||60 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.1g|
|Cholesterol 279.4mg||86 %|
|Sodium 291.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 1108.4mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.9g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 68.9g|
|Protein 64.7g||92 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 979
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!