1. Combine the paprika, ground ollspice, turmeric and salt. Coat the chicken thighs in the spice mixture and set them aside for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C/gas mark 6).
3. Spray a large ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish with some Iow-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and saute for a few minutes until they start to brown, then turn them over and brown them on the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Spray the pan with more Iow-calorie cooking spray, then add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
5. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice and 100ml of the chicken stock, then return the chicken to the pan. Cover with a lid (or a piece of foil) and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, then add the orzo, parsley and the rest of the stock. Stir and return to the oven for 20 minutes with the lid off. Serve, garnished with extra parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (425g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 160 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.7g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 125.1mg||38 %|
|Sodium 891.9mg||31 %|
|Potassium 637.3mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.5g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 45.6g|
|Protein 28.7g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 466
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!