Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Oven Temp: 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
1. Remove the skin and bones from the chickens and cut into small, bite-size pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and stir through, then add the chicken pieces and stir through again. Remove from the heat.
3. In a deep bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add the cream, dill and nutmeg to the mixture and combine. Season to taste.
4. Melt the remaining butter over low heat. Brush 4 sheets of phyllo with a little butter and lightly place on top of one another. Line an oven-proof dish with the brushed sheets, sides overlapping on the edges.
5. Spoon the chicken into the phyllo and sprinkle with feta. Top with the egg mixture.
6. Butter the remaining sheets of phyllo and place them on top to cover the chicken. Fold back the overlapping sheets and lightly pinch together the edges.
7. Brush the top with butter and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (406g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 649 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 72.1g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 536.1mg||165 %|
|Sodium 800.7mg||28 %|
|Potassium 673.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 15.6g|
|Protein 58.4g||83 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 954
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.