1. Heat butter over low heat until melted.
2. Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in broth and milk.
6. Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
7. Stir in chicken and veggies.
9. Line pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
10. Pour in filling.
11. Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent. Flute edges.
12. Cook uncovered in 425F oven until crust is brown; approximately 30-35minutes.
Comments: This is old-fashioned, from scratch, comfort food. This has been afamily favorite for years. I like to take this to other families when theyare in need of a meal. It's always a winner. I like making it with leftoverturkey, too!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 553 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 61.4g||82 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 16.3g|
|Cholesterol 59.4mg||18 %|
|Sodium 978.6mg||34 %|
|Potassium 364.7mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.7g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 52.1g|
|Protein 22.8g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 868
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.