1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a saucepan, combine potatoes, carrots, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the vegetable mixture in bottom pie crust and rotisserie chicken. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
you can add peas to this mixture, but my husband does not like them so I made my own twist
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3565g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3864 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 429.3g||572 %|
|Saturated Fat 145.3g||726 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 166.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 80.9g|
|Cholesterol 2035.1mg||626 %|
|Sodium 2367.9mg||82 %|
|Potassium 8453.2mg||222 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 176.8g||52 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.3g||81 %|
|Sugars, other 156.5g|
|Protein 502g||717 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6683
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!