1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. You should have 4 to 6 cups of cubed chicken.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the chicken broth and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the broth. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the chopped onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until translucent. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the hot chicken broth to the roux slowly, stirring as your add the broth. Simmer over low heat for 1 more minute, stirring constantly until thick.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and heavy cream. Add the cubed chicken, parboiled carrots, peans, and pearl onions and parsley.
5. Divide the filling equally among 4 oven-proof bowls.
6. Cover with pastry of your choice.
I only use a recipe called Never Fail Pie Crust for my topping. It doesn't get gooey and stays flakey, even when it is covered in the cream sauce from the pot pie. Always use an egg wash on the crust to give it a beautiful golden color. It might look like a lot of ingredients but it well worth it. You can freeze half of the mixture if you only want to make two servings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (663g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 568 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 63.1g||84 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.4g||167 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 234.5mg||72 %|
|Sodium 1665.7mg||57 %|
|Potassium 1134.1mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.1g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 36.6g|
|Protein 52.9g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 950
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.