1. Put 8 cups stock in a large pot over high heat.
2. put 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in a blender, reserve remaining
3. Add the onion half to the blender along with 2 chipotles and some of their sauce, 1/4 cup masa harina or cornmeal, and a sprinkle of salt & pepper
4. When the stock comes to a boil, turn off the heat and carefully ladle about 2 cups into the blender, puree until smooth.
5. Add the puree and chicken to the remaining stock in the pot and adjust the heat to simmer gently. Cook stirring occasionally, until the chicken just cooks through and soup has thickened slightly, 5-10 minutes.
6. The longer you let the soup simmer - up to an hour, the more the flavors will develop. Wait to add the chicken to the last 15 minutes.
7. When the soup is ready, taste and adjust the seasoning and divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with the avocados, cheese, and chopped onion and cilantro. serve with the lime wedges.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 243 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.9g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 28.8mg||9 %|
|Sodium 1712.3mg||59 %|
|Potassium 1601.5mg||42 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.6g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 48g|
|Protein 27.8g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 567
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!