For the chicken:
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over high heat.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste, and dust with flour. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 8 min. Remove the chicken and set aside.
For the sauce:
1. Heat the same pan over med-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 min. Increase the heat to high.
3. Add the wine and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Return the chicken to the pan.
4. Add chicken broth and tarragon and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook, turning the chicken pieces over every 10 min, until cooked through, about 30 min total for breast and wings and 40 min total for legs and thighs.
6. Transfer the chicken to a platter and cover loosely with foil while finishing sauce.
To Finish Sauce:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/3 cup chicken broth and flour. Whisk the flour mixture into the sauce until smooth.
2. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook uncovered until thickened, about 8-10 min.
3. Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the remaining tarragon.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1006g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 849 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 94.3g||126 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.8g||134 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.9g|
|Cholesterol 397.8mg||122 %|
|Sodium 560.9mg||19 %|
|Potassium 1543mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.9g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 25.9g|
|Protein 102.4g||146 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1431
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.