1. Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes for dry pasta, approximately 3 minutes for fresh. Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then “flashed” (reheated) in boiling water or cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
2. Cook 1/3 cup cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set
California Pizza Kitchen Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
1 pound dry spinach fettuccine (or 2 pounds fresh) 1/2 C. chopped fresh cilantro (2 tablespoons reserved for garnish/finish) 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper
3. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
4. Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 minutes). When sauce is done, toss with well-drained spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
5. Serve family style or transfer to serving dishes, evenly distributing chicken and vegetables.
Be sure the cilantro/lime mixture is well reduced
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (436g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 179 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.9g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 112mg||34 %|
|Sodium 7198.4mg||248 %|
|Potassium 974.5mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.9g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||40 %|
|Sugars, other 60g|
|Protein 47.5g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 658
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.