1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers, leaving one side attached.
3. Cut the goat cheese into 1/2-inch- thick slices and place 1 or 2 slices plus a large basil leaf under the skin of each chicken breast. Pull the skin over as much of the meat as possible so the chicken won’t dry out.
4. With your fingers, rub each piece with olive oil, and sprinkle them very generously with salt and pepper.
5. Bake the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, until the skin is lightly browned and the chicken is just cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature.
You might have to ask your butcher for boneless chicken breasts with the skin on.
To make this ahead, assemble the chicken breasts and refrigerate. Bake just before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (31g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 21mg||6 %|
|Sodium 19.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 61.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 61
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!