1. With meat mallet pound chicken (placed between 2 sheets plastic wrap) to even 1/2" thickness; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium until hot. Add chicken and cook 12 to 14 minutes or until browned on both sides and chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Transfer chicken to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepot, place steamer basket and 1 inch water; cover and heat to boiling on high. Place snap peas in steamer basket; cover and steam on medium 5 to 6 minutes or until snap peas are tender-crisp. Toss with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
4. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add shallots and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar and cook 30 seconds. Add broth and chopped thyme. Heat to boiling on medium-high; boil 1 minute to reduce slightly. Remove skillet from heat; stir butter into sauce until melted. Makes 1 cup shallot sauce.
5. Thinly slice chicken breasts and top with shallot sauce; serve with snap peas. Garnish chicken and sauce with thyme.
Each serviing: 295 calories, 43 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 8 g total fat (2 g saturated) 3 g fiber, 101 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (581g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 71.3mg||22 %|
|Sodium 38805.4mg||1338 %|
|Potassium 773mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 8.3g|
|Protein 35.3g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 254
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!