MISE EN PLACE: Peel and mince onion, garlic, and ginger; Peel and chop sweet potato; Prepare broth; Dice bell pepper; Pluck cilantro leaves; Juice lemon
1) Heat coconut oil in a medium pot. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and sweet potato. Sprinkle with turmeric and saute.
2) Pour in broth and boil about 10-12 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender on the outside but resistant when pierced with a knife. (You'll be pureeing the soup, so consistency is variable.)
Meanwhile, heat oil in a small pan and roast almonds 2-3 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add salt and mix well. Transfer to paper towel, rub the almonds vigorously (don't worry, they'll be plenty salty still) and chop.
3) Pour chickpeas, coconut milk, and 1/2 of the vegetable soup into a blender (unless you can fit it all!) and pulse until smooth. Repeat with 2nd half of vegetable soup.
4) Combine the blended portions well (perhaps reheat) and add salt & pepper to taste.
5) Top portions with roasted almonds, bell pepper, cilantro, and drizzle with lemon juice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1648g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 163 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.1g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.2g||71 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6210.7mg||214 %|
|Potassium 273.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 27.7g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 272
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.