Try this Chili Cheese Dog Boats recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9x13 baking dish, then cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges.
3. Push down on the bread cut-out and compact this portion of the bun tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
4. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter.
5. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
6. Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one.
7. Slide the hot dog snugly on top of the chili, then top with more chili.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
9. Slice the hot dogs boats along their connected seams, then enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 24.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 9
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.