1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9x13 baking dish, then cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges.
3. Push down on the bread cut-out and compact this portion of the bun tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well. This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
4. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter.
5. Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
6. Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one.
7. Slide the hot dog snugly on top of the chili, then top with more chili.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
9. Slice the hot dogs boats along their connected seams, then enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (6g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 24.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 9
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!