1. Brown hamburger meat in a large pan on medium heat. Add chopped onion and green pepper and cook until soft and onion is transparent.
2. Stir in salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes and chili powder.
3. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Add water to desired consistency.
4. Add kidney beans and bay leaves.
5. Cook on low heat for 3-5 hours. Discard bay leaves. Add chili powder if desired.
6. Serve with a dollop of light sour cream, shredded cheddar, black olives and fresh cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (76g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 65 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.2g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 40.8mg||13 %|
|Sodium 45.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 216.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 12.2g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 125
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!