1. Bring tomatoes to a boil and cook down for about 1 hour.
2. Add rest of ingredients thru kosher salt
3. Boil slowly for 1-2 hours, then add sugar and vinegar.
4. Simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring to prevent burning or sticking. Check consistency.
5. Pour into hot, strerilized jar and seal.
Makes 8-10 pints.
This is her family recipe. Excellent. Make in summer. For canning.
May want to start out using 2 large pots and consolidate before final step.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (876g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3514.6mg||121 %|
|Potassium 1015.5mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 270.5g||80 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44 %|
|Sugars, other 259.6g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1078
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!