1) Cook chicken by desired method. Cool and shred of cut into bite size pieces.
2) Combine chicken, chilies, spices, water, bouillon, garlic and onion in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat and simmer.
3) While soup is simmering, brush olive oil on one side of corn tortillas and season as desired. Cut tortillas in half and then into 1/4" strips. Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minute until crisp.
4) Open can of black beans, rinse and drain. Add beans to soup and heat through.
5) To serve, ladle soup into bowl. Garnish with cheese and tortilla strips.
Defrost in refridgerator over night. Drain and rinse beans. Add to soup in a stock pot. Reheat over med-low heat until heated through. Serve as inducated above. (Point count includes 1/6th of cheese and tortilla strips.) Enjoy guilt free!
Great recipe to use leftover chicken and chicken dripping from crockpot cooked chicken. Also great with turkey!!! Freezes very well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (407g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 211 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.4g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.2g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.2g|
|Cholesterol 76mg||23 %|
|Sodium 340.1mg||12 %|
|Potassium 718.9mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 90.5g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.8g||63 %|
|Sugars, other 74.6g|
|Protein 33.6g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 693
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.