Try this Chinese Cola Chicken recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Well first of all, you will need some chicken wings or drumstick (raw ones in the supermarket), the smaller the better.
1. Pour some oil (preferably not olive oil but peanut or sunflower oil) in a big pot, the pot must be deep enough, otherwise you can't put the cola afterwards;
2. When the oil get pretty hot, you first put Ginger (slide them into small pieces, just for flavor, you can't eat them of course :)) , some garlic (also cut them into small pieces) and some green onion (cut into small pieces) in the oil, fry them a little bit (<=1 min) .
3. put the chicken in and stir-fry together with the previous stuff, put some salt and wine in (I use a special Chinese wine for cooking, if you don't have them I guess red wine is also fine, just a little bit).
4. after about 3 -5 min fry the chicken, just pour in the coca-cola, NOT light, only the regular kind, into the pot until the cola can cover all the chickens in the pot (but not too much above the chicken, just enough to immerse all the chicken in);
5. Put the fire into medium volume, so the fire can't be too strong; then just wait until you see the cola become less and less and the color of the chicken turns darker, in the end, you can turn off the gas when you think the chicken are looked good enough (all sugar from the cola would be attached to the chicken like syrup).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (66g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (82%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.6g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 160.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 82mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 6.3g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 149
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.