1. Coat roast in a mixture of five-spice powder and black pepper and sear over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven; remove to plate.
2. Lower heat to medium and cook onion until soft; add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant. Return roast to Dutch oven and move to 300-degree oven.
3. Combine remaining ingredients except for chicken stock and baste roast liberally. Cover again and roast for 3 hours total. Baste every 30 minutes or so, and add chicken broth to pan if it appears to be getting too dry.
4. Remove roast from Dutch oven and transfer to rack in roasting pan. Increase heat to 350 and roast for another 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add water to pan juices and deglaze Dutch oven over medium high heat, reducing until thick. Serve sauce over chunks of roast pork.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (281g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 472 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 52.4g||70 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.7g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.4g|
|Cholesterol 161.5mg||50 %|
|Sodium 178.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 758.2mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 3.9g|
|Protein 39.7g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 664
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!