follow these steps to make them at home
1. For crepe shells: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Gradually add in the milk, vanilla, and melted butter, stirring to combine. Add the flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled, small griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan for each "shell," tilting to make sure the liquid coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepe on each side for about 2 minutes, until light brown.
4. This is the fun part. Pick a book. make sure it's a pretty clean book. Shape the crepe around the bookbinding so it forms a taco shell mold. Freeze this contraption for ten minutes. Be careful when setting up; these are delicate.
5. Continue cooking crepe shells, shaping them around books, and freezing.
6. For the chocolate syrup: Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Add water. Mix until smooth. Bring to boil for one minute, then remove pan from heat. Once cooled, add vanilla.
7. After the first frozen shell is pretty sturdy, pull it out and drizzle inside with this (not burning hot) chocolate syrup. A paintbrush comes in handy here. Throw syruped shells back into the freezer so chocolate can firm up.
8. Wait at least five minutes before pulling them out. Delicately stuff them with ice cream, then return them to the freezer for another ten minutes of firming-up.
9. Remove proto-Choco Tacos and drizzle them with extra syrup. Crush peanuts and throw those on top too.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (174g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 162 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 186.4mg||57 %|
|Sodium 156.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 330.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 97.3g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 94.9g|
|Protein 11.8g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 581
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.