1. Preheat oven to 180'C. Line a patty tin with paper cupcake liners.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, cacao, salt, bicarb soda and coconut sugar. In a separate large bowl whisk the eggs and melted coconut oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Pour mixture evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in tin, then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
4. To make frosting, place coconut sugar (in batches) in a mini food processor or spice grinder and whiz to a fine powder. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter in a large bowl until it is soft and pale.
5. Gradually add the powdered coconut sugar while beating. Add the milk and spirulina and continue beating until well-combined.
6. Spread frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
There's no need to store these in the fridge. They may be stored in an airtight container in the pantry.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (81g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 140 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.6g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 16.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 138mg||5 %|
|Potassium 157.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 10.9g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 196
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!