Crunchy and sweet, this no‐bake snack mix in a jar is easy to make and fun to give. Layer crunchy cereal,
pretzels and peanuts with tangy dried cranberries and candied pineapple, then add melt able white chocolate
chips. A great gift for teachers, Secret Santa exchanges or 12 Days of Christmas activities!
1. Layer cereal, pretzel twists, peanuts, cranberries and dried pineapple in a quart-sized canning
2. Place white chocolate chips inside food storage bag, and place on top of layered ingredients.
3. Seal jar, and attach a gift tag with recipe instructions (see below).
Blizzard Bites in a Jar
To prepare Mason Jar
1. Remove white chocolate chips from jar. Empty remaining jar contents into a large mixing bowl,
and mix thoroughly.
2. Place white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt white chocolate chips in the
microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir until melted. If additional time is needed, check at
15 second intervals. You may add 1 teaspoon solid shortening to thin chocolate mixture, if
3. Pour melted white chocolate chips over snack mixture. Stir until snack mixture is evenly coated.
Spread mixture in a single layer over waxed paper, and allow to cool completely.
4. Break mix into smaller pieces, and store in zipper food storage bags or an air-tight storage
Makes 3 1/2 cups snack mix.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 648 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 71.9g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 43.5g||217 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 47mg||14 %|
|Sodium 202.1mg||7 %|
|Potassium 700.6mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 139.9g||41 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 138.7g|
|Protein 13.4g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1235
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!