1. Preheat oven 350.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together softened butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs beating til combined.
4. Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat til combined.
5. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in separate bowl.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating after each addition.
7. Pour into greased loaf pan 9 in x 5 in.
8. Bake 45-50 mins.
Test with toothpick to make sure bread is done. The toothpick will come out clean when done.
Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Whisk til smooth. Add additional milk if mixture is too thick. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time til it reaches desired consistency.
Pour over cooled bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1354g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1090 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 121.1g||162 %|
|Saturated Fat 72g||360 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.3g|
|Cholesterol 627.3mg||193 %|
|Sodium 35350.2mg||1219 %|
|Potassium 2565.6mg||68 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 636.1g||187 %|
|Dietary Fiber 47.5g||190 %|
|Sugars, other 588.6g|
|Protein 66.2g||95 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3661
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.