For fullest flavor make a couple of days before serving.
Preheat oven to 350?.
1. Melt butter and Hershey bars.
2. Combine sugar, flour and baking soda.
3. Gently combine the results of #1 and #2.
4. Blend buttermilk and chocolate syrup. Add.
5. Add eggs one at a time.
6. Generously grease a 16" loaf pan (or two 9" loaf pans or 3 smaller pans)
7. Bake at 350? for 60 minutes (less for smaller pans)
8. Let cool. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. (It freezes beautifully; it does not freeze hard, so it does not need thawing time.)
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve with whipped cream.
(If smaller loaves do not seem attractive, serve cake sliced on a plate/tray, sprinkle with powder sugar and decorate with fresh berries.)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (295g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 276 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.7g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.4g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 398.8mg||123 %|
|Sodium 235.9mg||8 %|
|Potassium 304.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 142.4g||42 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 141g|
|Protein 15.9g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 893
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe