Lightly perfumed with vanilla, moistened with half-and-half (to build the desirable texture), and beaten with enough whole eggs, plus an extra yolk, the rich batter is ideal for holding the chips. Sprinkle it generously with confectioners� sugar to give it a snowy top. The classic cake has a dreamy, old-fashioned taste.
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch Bundt pan. Dust the pan with flour, tapping out the excess.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend them.
3. In another bowl, toss the chips with 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture.
4. In an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed for 3 minutes. Add the granulated sugar in 3 additions, beating 1 minute after each. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the extra yolk and vanilla.
5. With the mixer set on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with the half-and-half, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the bowl often with a rubber spatula.
6. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. With a large spatula, stir in the chips.
7. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake is clean when withdrawn, and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
8. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully invert the cake onto the rack to cool completely.
9. Dust the top of the cake with confectioners? sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (3089g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 2866 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 318.4g||425 %|
|Saturated Fat 192.9g||965 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 95.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.1g|
|Cholesterol 657.3mg||202 %|
|Sodium 1376.3mg||47 %|
|Potassium 4071.8mg||107 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 975.6g||287 %|
|Dietary Fiber 34.5g||138 %|
|Sugars, other 941.1g|
|Protein 112.3g||160 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6967
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.