1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the cake mix, eggs, chocolate chips, and almond extract. Fold and mix the cherry pie filling in last so as not to accidently puree them.
3. Pour into a non-stick or greased and floured bundt pan.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 25 minutes, not necessary to invert while cooling.
6. After you plate the cake make the ganache. Using a saucepan on low heat mix and melt all the ganache ingredients together. Pour and coat the cake. If you miss a spot it will still spread pretty easily for a bit and usually self-levels pretty well.
7. Stays good for a day unrefrigerated but I would refrigerate after that. This moist decadent cake won't usually last longer than a day anyway.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (378g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 384 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.7g||57 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.5g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 808.4mg||249 %|
|Sodium 839.7mg||29 %|
|Potassium 641.3mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 100.7g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 97.1g|
|Protein 28.8g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 867
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.