1. Place the chopped chocolate, butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt. Add 1/4 cup cream. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. Repeat with another 1/4 cup cream followed by the egg yolks.
3. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and gradually whisk in the remaining cream and the milk.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly as the mixture thickens; boil for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the reserved butter and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melt and the mixture is smooth.
6. Pass the filling through a strainer.
7. Place plastic wrap directly over the filling and chill thoroughly.
1. Whip the cream till it starts to thicken.
2. Add the sugar and vanilla. Continue to whip untill the cream is your desired consistancy.
Spoon the cooled filling into the baked crust. Spoon or pipe the whipped cream on top. Chill the pie until ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (153g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 324 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.6g||108 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 244.1mg||75 %|
|Sodium 44.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 96.2mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 12.5g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 383
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.