1 bowl wide enough to dip bread slices
1 small colander to sift powders
1 frying pan big enough to cook 2~4 bread slices at once
Prepare dipping mixture:
1. Sift sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt into to bowl. Mix powders.
2. Add a little milk and blend powders well to create paste (cocoa tends not to mix in well).
3. Break in eggs and rest of milk. Stir mixture well until smooth consistency.
Cook French toast:
4. Dip each side of bread slice into mixture (about 20 sec/side) one at a time. Make sure mixture is absorbed somewhat into the bread.
5. On a heated, buttered pan, cook each side of bread about 2~3 min/side. Make sure pan is not too hot as sugar mixture will burn.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (117g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 126 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 281.8mg||87 %|
|Sodium 302mg||10 %|
|Potassium 237.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 16.8g|
|Protein 11.9g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 239
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.