1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cookie crumbs, chopped nuts, cinnamon, with melted butter.
3. Press cookie mix into 9 inch pie pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees; set to side to cool at room temp.
5. Using a double boiler, combine chocolate and cream; whisk until smooth. Place on the side.
6. In a sauce pot, combine coconut milk and haupia mix; whisk until haupia mix is dissolved.
7. Add the chocolate mix to the haupia and whisk until it thickens and is well combined.
8. Pour chocolate haupia mixture into pie crust.
9. Set the pie on the side, let the mixture come to room temp and setup.
10. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Optional...Use toasted shredded coconut or chopped nuts as a garnish ontop of the pie.
If you can't get Noh's Haupia Mix,...Recipe for Haupia from scratch
2 cans coconut milk
4 -6 tablespoons sugar
4 -6 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1. Pour coconut milk into saucepan. Reserve 3/4 cup of milk to mix with cornstarch.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into remainder milk and blend well.
3. Stir sugar mixture and coconut extract into pot.
4. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (154g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 400 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.4g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.1g||131 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 43.5mg||13 %|
|Sodium 193.1mg||7 %|
|Potassium 319.4mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 45.2g|
|Protein 6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 586
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.