MISE EN PLACE: Halve marshmallows; Soften butter; Preheat (convection) oven to 150°C (325°F)
1) In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
2) In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix well.
3) Drop by tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets. Bake (1st and 3rd from bottom) for 6 minutes.
4) After the 8 minutes, press a marshmallow half, sticky side down, onto each cookie. Bake 1 minute longer. Let cool.
5) Frosting: In a medium bowl, stir together butter, powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt. Add 4 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth. Add more milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time to achieve spreading consistency.
6) Frost cookies enough so that 3/4 of the marshmallow is covered. Part of the marshmallow should peek out.
If using a conventional oven, adjust to 175°C (350°F) and 8 minutes; then 2 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Cookie (31g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 8mg||2 %|
|Sodium 1058.4mg||36 %|
|Potassium 41.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 15.1g|
|Protein 1.3g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 102
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.