This can be served as frozen mousse by pouring it into a decorative mold and freezing it for 6 hours. Or it may be poured into individual cups and served as you would a pot de creme au chocolate.
1) combine sugar and water in small saucepan and boil for 3 minutes. In food processor with metal blade in place, add cream and beaker.
2) process uninterrupted until very thick whipped cream forms, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
3) without washing beaker, reinsert metal blade and add chocolate pieces. Process, turning on and off, for 15 to 20 seconds.
4) continue processing and gradually pour in hot syrup, Baileys and egg yolks.
5) using a spatula, scrape chocolate mixture over whipped cream and fold together.
Freeze or chill before serving.
Trader Joe’s sells huge blocks of dark Belgium chocolate and organic whipped cream (organic milk products are better)
Keep a small amount of the dark melted chocolate separate for decorating the top of the mousse.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (93g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 196 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.8g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.7g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 145.6mg||45 %|
|Sodium 2345.1mg||81 %|
|Potassium 137.6mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 20.6g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 288
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!