1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup milk. Let stand 1 minute, then stir and let stand about 10more minutes for gelatin to soften.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, the sugar, semisweet chocolate, and cocoa over medium-high heat until steaming, about 3minutes. Add gelatin mixture and whisk gently until it dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk yogurt with vanilla until smooth. Pour and stir chocolate mixture through a fine strainer into yogurt, then whisk mixtures together.
4. Oil 8 ramekins (2/3 cup size). Divide yogurt mixture among ramekins. Chill, covered, until set, 4 1/2 hours and up to 2 days.
5. Run a small metal spatula between panna cottas and sides of ramekins to loosen. Immerse ramekins 1 at a time to just below rim in hot water until edges of dessert soften, 20-30seconds, lift out and dry bottom of ramekin. Invert a small plate over each. Hold plate and ramekin together and give a firm shake to release panna cotta, easing it out gently with the spatula if needed.
6. Scatter chocolate shavings over desserts if you like.
VARIATION-Blueberry cardamom panna cottas
Follow directions but omit semisweet chocolate, cocoa and chocolate shavings. In step 2 use only 1/2 cup sugar. In step 3 add 1/2 tsp almond extract. Ten minutes before serving, rinse and drain 1 12 cups blueberries. In a bowl, stir berries with 1tbsp sugar and 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground cardamom. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves, spoon over panna cottas.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (78g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 156.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.5g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 65.5g|
|Protein 3g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 303
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!