1. Melt butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
2. Add chocolate chips, heating until mixture is melted.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture and beat well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine four eggs, four yolks, and Grand Marnier. Add this to the chocolate mixture and beat until well mixed. Cover and chill overnight.
6. Melt the white chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler over low heat. Add butter and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth. Chill overnight.
7. Butter and flour six 5-ounce ramekins. Fill 1/3 of each with the chilled chocolate mixture.
8. Add a rounded tablespoon of the truffle mixture. Fill to the top with the chocolate mixture.
9. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Let the cakes sit for 15-20 minutes before inverting. Run a knife around the edges to loosen. Serve with chocolate sauce, raspberries, and/or ice cream if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (411g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 549 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 60.9g||81 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.2g||131 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 1850.1mg||569 %|
|Sodium 347.5mg||12 %|
|Potassium 461.4mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 130.6g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 129.7g|
|Protein 37.7g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1197
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.