1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl
4. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar to blend well. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in lemon peel, vanilla, and aniseed.
5. Blend in the flour mixture until just blended.
6. Stir in cranberries and pistachios (dough will be sticky)
7. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Gather the dough together and kneed a few times. Divide in half. Roll each half into a long log about 2 1/2 inches wide.
8. Transfer the logs to the baking sheets.
9. Bake logs until almost firm to touch but still pale, about 28 minutes. Cool logs on the baking sheets 10 minutes.
10. Carefully transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, cut logs crosswise into generous 1/2 thick slices.
11. Place slices cut side down on the baking sheets.
12. Bake until firm and pale golden, about 9 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 9 minutes. Turn oven off. Turn slices upright and return to the oven until firm, about 15 minutes
13. OPTIONAL: Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate. Place cookies on cooled baking sheet until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (30g)|
|Recipe Makes: 38 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 23 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 27.2mg||8 %|
|Sodium 11.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 23.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 78
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!